Re: Screen saver: bsd_saver.

From: Pawel Jakub Dawidek <nick_at_garage.freebsd.pl>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 15:35:19 +0200
On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 09:20:03AM +0000, Bosko Milekic wrote:
+> > >Hello there.
+> > >
+> > >I've wrote screen saver for FreeBSD 5.x with rotating "bsd" logo.
+> > >
+> > >	http://garage.freebsd.pl/bsd_saver.tbz
+> > >
+> > >Any chance to add it to tree?
+> >
+> > I don't know whether it works or not, but this contains
+> > floating point instruction, which is hardly used and needs cafeful
+> > treatment. (As far as I know, FP instruction is used only on
+> > i586_bcopy) What do you think about it?
+>
+>   FWIW, I've tested this yesterday and wanted to commit it but
+>   shamefully I must admit that I don't know how to properly prepare a
+>   port.  The screen saver works and is pretty neat although I had to
+>   build in low video mode.

Andrew Kenneth Milton <akm_at_theinternet.com.au> suggest me to automatically
turn on low video mode if there is no chance to turn on high and to
automaticly load vesa.ko if required.
I think, that those suggestion are good and I'll implement them.

--
Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       pawel_at_dawidek.net
UNIX Systems Programmer/Administrator     http://garage.freebsd.pl