Re: panic: bremfree: removing a buffer not on a queue

From: Matt <matt_at_xtaz.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 18:33:33 +0000
On 28 Mar 2003 11:36:04 +0000, Nick Hilliard wrote
> > My bitty box just crashed out while doing some light desktop work and
> > a small amount of NFS server stuff.
>
> FWIW, this problem is repeatable - a few minutes after as I start doing
> any NFS service, the box crashes out and dies.
>
> Any clues on where to start looking?
>
> Nick

Yes I get the exact same thing. It's intermittant but normally happens during
heavy NFS transfer between server and client. The NFS server will freeze and
then just reboot as if someones pressed the reset button. No kernel panic or
drop into DDB. Both client and server are -CURRENT.

I have only ever had it actually give a proper panic/core dump once out of the
10 or so times I've seen this which I sent details of to this list and
jeff/kirk who were quite helpful however it still does it :/

Matt.