Re: HEADS UP: bzip2(1) compression for manpages, Groff and Texinfo docs

From: Thomas Seck <tmseck-lists_at_netcologne.de>
Date: 2 May 2003 17:19:57 -0000
* Garrett Wollman (wollman_at_lcs.mit.edu):

> The correct answer for one of these has no implications on any of
> the others.

I am just a user but I'll second that.

Am I the only one who thinks that some people are on a "kill the GNU,
kill it now, no matter the cost" trip again?

I can see no benefit in switching to bzip2 other than eliminating GPL'ed
software. No, I do not think disk space is an issue nowadays.

     --Thomas