winex sendmsg error on 5-current

From: Eric Timme <timothy_at_voidnet.com>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 01:22:29 -0500
I understand this isn't the most appropriate list to post to, but since so
much is different in 5-current as compared to 4, it is much more likely I'd
get an informed response here than elsewhere.

That said, I'm running the 3.0-1 package from Transgaming's prepackaged area,
which I installed along with emulators/linux_base.  COMPAT_LINUX is enabled
in my kernel.

Whenever I run and run something (ie winex ./war3.exe) it errors with

Protocol error: process 0x806d1a8: sendmsg: Bad address

This exact error is received every attempt to run a file, whether I run as
root or a normal user.

Any ideas?