Re: panic: ffs_blkfree: freeing free frag

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 12:27:35 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 5 May 2003, NAKAJI Hiroyuki wrote:

> > > Please let us know -- obviously, it would be very nice if this completely
> > > resolved the problem :-).
>
> > I'm not sure the problem was resolved completely but there are two
> > good things with the new kernel.
>
> > o Sending and Fcc-ing an email with Emacs and Gnus did not reslut in
> >   panic.
> > o "Make buildworld" finished with no panic.
>
> > Good news?
>
> Sad news...
>
> Just after I posted this message, I got same panic again and lost some
> files in my $HOME. :(

Could you boot to single user mode, manually fsck all of your file
systems, and then try running your various load tests again?  Perhaps a
free list problem persisted on disk after the fix left over from earlier
operation with the bug...

robert_at_fledge.watson.org      Network Associates Laboratories