Re: Floppy Support

From: Matthew D. Fuller <fullermd_at_over-yonder.net>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 18:16:14 -0500
On Sun, May 04, 2003 at 12:51:30PM -0700 I heard the voice of
Terry Lambert, and lo! it spake thus:

> What that probably means is separate image distributions for
> local media booting vs. remote media booting, to keep all
> drivers in the boot path available.

I think perhaps it /is/ time to start looking seriously at this option.

I have deep dislike for "Choose your boot floppy from these 23,456
possibilities, each of which is guaranteed to have 95% of the drivers you
need for your hardware, but not the other 5%" type methodology.  On the
other hand, 2 or even 3 clean divisions like that could make things a lot
easier to fit, and remain easy to use.

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd_at_over-yonder.net