Re: HEADS UP! Kerberos5/Heimdal now default!

From: Doug Barton <DougB_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 02:02:41 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 5 May 2003, Mark Murray wrote:

> Hello All
>
> Kerberos5/Heimdal is now the default in Current. The old option
> "MAKE_KERBEROS5" is removed. If you do _NOT_ want Kerberos, you
> need to define "NO_KERBEROS" in your /etc/make.conf.

I have to object to this change of direction. Both on POLA grounds, and on
the grounds that because most people don't use kerberos, it shouldn't be
the default. I also think that given the historical propensity of kerberos
to be vulnerable to attack, it definitely shouldn't be included by
default.

Doug