Re: [NEWBIE] can't compile current kernel with GEOM

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk_at_phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 19:39:42 +0200
In message <A6730DB8-7F1F-11D7-8227-003065BFBA44_at_mac.com>, Pete Carss writes:
>I can't compile current kernel with the GEOM option in - looked at the
>archives and saw a headsup regarding GEOM being default - does that
>mean its just in there? 'make buildkernel' fails with 'unknownk
>option'.  I'm trying to get HFS+ support, and have cvsup-ed from 5.0
>Release to Current...

A lot of things have changed, so I would really urge you to start out
by making a copy from GENERIC and make your kernel from that.

GEOM is as you write the default in the kernel now, so you do not need
any special options for it.  If you want to make your computer understand
Apple partition tables however, you should add the option GEOM_APPLE.