State of disk support in CURRENT

From: Kevin Oberman <oberman_at_es.net>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 15:51:45 -0700
I've had a really fun few days with current. Due to a family emergency I
was off-line for several days and my subscription to current was disabled
due to a mail problem at my site on April 30. So I missed quite a few
messages. :-(
(Yes, I have been scanning through the lost stuff in the archive.)

After almost two days of building I have a stable CURRENT again.

I do see one troubling message at boot:
WARNING: Expected rawoffset 31479840, found 0

I get the same message when using dd(1) to make a copy if the disk to an
identical drive. The expected rawoffset is the location of the slice
used for FreeBSD. Since my previous kernel was unable to mount the root
partition, I find this a at least a little concern, but have not looked
for the source that generates this due to being swamped by my day job
after 2weeks away.

Do I have a problem I need to worry about?

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)