hardcoded -C argument to ${INSTALL}

From: Lars Eggert <larse_at_ISI.EDU>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 12:44:29 -0700
Hi,

I'm putting a script together that will remove stale pieces after an
installworld, and my find+mtime approach chokes, because some uses of
${INSTALL} in the Makefiles hardcode the -C argument, which will cause
file modification times to not be updated if the files are identical.

For example:
	include/Makefile
	share/mk/bsd.incs.mk
	sys/boot/efi/loader/Makefile
	sys/boot/alpha/common/Makefile.common

I'm no guru on the buildworld process, so I'm wondering whether this is
by design, or an oversight? Can the -C be removed without ill effects?

If so, I'd be happy to take post a patch; let me know.

Thanks,
Lars
--
Lars Eggert <larse_at_isi.edu>           USC Information Sciences Institute