Odd behavior by bsdlabel

From: Kevin Oberman <oberman_at_es.net>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 15:26:52 -0700
I have noticed some odd behavior with bsdlabel. When I label either a
ccd or md device using the command "bsdlabel -r -w /dev/md0 auto", I
always seem to get the error "bsdlabel: Geom not specified" the first
time I issue the command on the device. It works without error if I
re-execute the command.

The device is properly labeled after the second command and I can newfs
it or do a gbde init on it with no problems and then mount it. I believe
the first command is labeling the device, but is returning a spurious
error.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)