fsck + ufs

From: Rhys Hill <rhys_at_cs.adelaide.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 14:01:49 +0930
Hi everyone,

I moved to current a couple of days ago and am having some problems!
(Surprise,
surprise) The main problem is that my usr partition will not mount. If
I boot
the machine normally, the automatic fsck fails, saying I have a bad
super-block.
If I then try:

fsck_ufs /dev/ad2s1f

I get

pid 16 exited on signal 12
Bad system call.

The strange thing is that I can mount the partition normally, view all
the files,
etc. if I boot into fix-it mode off the 5.0 CDs.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I should proceed?

TIA,

--------
Rhys Hill,
rhys_at_cs.adelaide.edu.au
Currently undertaking a PhD in Computer Science

Phone: +61 8 8303 6180                           Mail:
Fax:   +61 8 8303 4366                           School of Computer
Science
                                                  University of Adelaide
                                                  Adelaide, Australia
http://www.cs.adelaide.edu.au/~rhys/             5005