Re: hardcoded -C argument to ${INSTALL}

From: Lars Eggert <larse_at_ISI.EDU>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 23:21:30 -0700
On 5/6/2003 5:03 PM, David O'Brien wrote:
> On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 02:19:13PM -0700, Lars Eggert wrote:
>
>>FWIW, attached is the patch, if someone's interested. Seems to work OK
>>on my test box at least.
>
> This patch is uncommitable.  You should have created a knob that defaults
> to -C enabled, but you can override it for your needs.

Sorry for being unclear, I should have pointed out that getting it
comitted wasn't the goal when I posted it. Simply wanted to share a
quick fix that worked OK locally to clear out a couple hundred stale files.

But I'm happy that the email stimulated discussion about a more general
approach by people more qualified than me to find the right solution.

Lars
--
Lars Eggert <larse_at_isi.edu>           USC Information Sciences Institute