fdisk - free disk space not updated correctly

From: Bruce Cran <bruce_at_cran.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 03:26:26 +0100
I've been trying to install a 6th May jp-snapshot of -current, and have come
across a couple of problems.  Firstly, I tried to auto-allocate
disk space and then delete and recreate SWAP and /usr, because I don't want
1GB swap.   I deleted the swap partition, but then fdisk won't
allow me to create a /usr larger than its old size - it still seems to think
the 1GB is in use.

Secondly, I tried installing it with a single / UFS2 + softupdates
partition and swap - no other
partitions, to save space.   When booting using the FreeBSD boot manager,
selecting the FreeBSD entry just made the computer beep and it wouldn't
boot.   Selecting any other entry booted that entry without problems.

--

Bruce Cran