Re: Outstanding ACPI issues for 5.1-RELEASE

From: Craig Boston <craig_at_xfoil.gank.org>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 20:33:25 -0500
On Thursday 08 May 2003 12:09 am, Andrew Thompson wrote:
> I am having a problem with acpi on my Compaq N1000v laptop. Before the
> above import it would panic on boot , but now it is unable to find my
> disk (progress mabey?).  The boot logs and acpidump is available _at_
> http://www.fud.org.nz/acpi/

Looks like standard Compaq brokenness using the illegal character * in HID and
other fields...

Try replacing all of the *PNP with just PNP in the ASL.  Ditto for anything
else starting with *.  Recompile it and use acpi_dsdt_load="YES" to load your
fixed dsdt.  It might help assuming there are no other bugs in it :)

Craig