RE: [acpi-jp 2189] Re: Outstanding ACPI issues for 5.1-RELEASE

From: John Baldwin <jhb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 13:04:54 -0400 (EDT)
On 08-May-2003 Andrew Thompson wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-05-09 at 02:39, John Baldwin wrote:

>> > I am having a problem with acpi on my Compaq N1000v laptop. Before the
>> > above import it would panic on boot , but now it is unable to find my
>> > disk (progress mabey?).  The boot logs and acpidump is available _at_
>> > http://www.fud.org.nz/acpi/
>> >
>> > Anyone got any advise? I can supply more info if needed.
>>
>> Can you do a verbose boot (boot -v)?
>
> I have added two verbose boot logs (with and without acpi) to
> http://www.fud.org.nz/acpi/
>
> I will try the patches that were posted soon.

Ok, your immediate problem is that we aren't probing your
host-PCI bridge and thus no PCI devices.  ACPI does enumerate
one, but it is failing to probe I think because your BIOS is
broken. :(

bios32: Bad BIOS32 Service Directory

is rather ominous.  As a result, we can't find your PCI BIOS,
and I bet that is why we can't probe your Host-PCI bridge.
Well, reading the code that shouldn't matter. :-/

Can you hack around in sys/dev/acpica/acpi_pcib_acpi.c and
verify that the probe routine is getting called and see
how far it gets?