Re: GEOM loose end?

From: Vallo Kallaste <kalts_at_estpak.ee>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 17:10:45 +0300
On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 10:14:52PM +0200, Poul-Henning Kamp
<phk_at_phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:

> >third slice is there. The only thing missing is now /dev entry for
> >this slice, there's no /dev/adXs3. This /dev entry will be created
> >when I reboot the system, but that's not acceptable. Any workaround?
>
> Unfortunately, I don't have time to work much on this issue, just
> getting the kernel side and the basic tools (bsdlabel(8), sunlabel(8)
> etc in shape takes most of the time I have.
>
> Try using "bsdlabel -e" next time, it is not as hard as you might
> fear.

Ok, I'm actually not that inexperienced wrt to disklabel, as you
might guess :) Anyway, there seems to be some misunderstanding, as I
was talking about disk slices, not disk labels. I can't put label on
the slice when the device node is missing in the first case.
Bsdlabel -e is useless in this case, no? Will bsdlabel "notify" geom
in some way about missing node so it will be created on the fly?
Can't try it myself in the coming two days or so.
--

Vallo Kallaste