Re: The sysinstall's safe_realloc() failure

From: Stijn Hoop <stijn_at_win.tue.nl>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 23:46:56 +0200
On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 10:22:24PM +0900, Makoto Matsushita wrote:

> stijn> I just tried to do a network install from snapshots.jp.freebsd.org,
> stijn> and got the same error at 42% of the install. I'm in Holland so it's
> stijn> probably a pretty high latency link :)
>
> stijn> Any workarounds/clues/etc?
>
> Would you please try again?  I doubt if lukemftpd (which I used) is
> broken in some sense, and switch back to stock ftpd.

After two tries, one because of local network problems and the other
because the laptop lost power (I didn't know it was running on batteries),
it finally worked. However, can we be sure it was lukemftpd that was broken?
And shouldn't sysinstall then issue an error instead of 'panic'?

Thanks for the fast response & the snapshot service!

--Stijn

--
"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am.  It's
just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."