Since when are attachments stripped? (was Re: ACPI-0293 (and 0166) errors

From: Lars Eggert <larse_at_ISI.EDU>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 14:57:00 -0700
Lars Eggert wrote:

> Same here, on a Dell Latitude C600, output is attached.

Since when does the listmanager strip attachments?

I've never felt that attachments where a big problem on these lists, and
they are very useful. Would you rather see a 6K gzip attachment, or 60K
copied-and-pasted text? :-)

Lars

PS: Stripping them out somewhat silently also flags email signed with
PGP or S/MIME as having been altered, and makes newbies send me panicy
messages about hackers changing my email...
--
Lars Eggert <larse_at_isi.edu>           USC Information Sciences Institute