Re: ACPI temperature monitor for current

From: Richard Arends <richard_at_unixguru.nl>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 09:58:35 +0200 (CEST)
On Fri, 9 May 2003, Johan Karlsson wrote:

Johan,

> can anyone recomend some program to monitor temperature
> and fan speed? I have had some problems with my fan
> and the computer hang due to the heat and now I would
> like to have some program that will tell me the current
> temperature and fan speed. I'm running a fairly current
> -current and will upgrade to the latest ACPI import
> if necesary.

Begin Februari I made a port for gkrellmgas. A Gkrellm2 plugin that
monitors the system temp. It is not committed yet to the ports collection,
but you can get it from:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/47856

Regards,

Richard.

----
Paul Vixie in an interview with Sendmail.net:

Now that the Internet has the full spectrum of humanity as users,
the technology is showing its weakness: it was designed to be
used by friendly, smart people. Spammers, as an example of a class,
are neither friendly nor smart.