Re: Interrupt latency problems

From: Paul Richards <paul_at_freebsd-services.com>
Date: 12 May 2003 02:44:33 +0100
On Mon, 2003-05-12 at 01:25, Andrew Gallatin wrote:
> Paul Richards writes:
>
>  > > :
>  > > : I get boatloads of these, they stream past continuously.
>  > > :
>  > > : ACPI-0448: *** Error: AcpiEvGpeDispatch: No handler or method for
>  > > : GPE[0], disabling event
>
> <...>
>
>  > No, it's a Supermicro DLE, with 2 P3-800 processors.
>  >

> I've complained about these messages on my old DLE at least 3 times.
> Nobody ever helped.
>
> I found that on my old DLE, the messages will stop if you unplug the
> cable to the onboard fxp0 interface.  They seem to happen each time
> the device interrupts the host.  These messages are a total DOS on a
> server with a serial console, so I wouldn't be surprised if they
> caused a perceptable slowdown on a box with a graphics head.
>
> Good luck getting an ACPI developer interested in it.  I had no luck.
> My advice is to just disable ACPI & forget about using it.

As a further datapoint to my last email:

   20  ??  WL     5:16.38  (irq9: fxp0 acpi0)

I'll see if I can shift the interrupts around in the bios but I don't
think I can since fxp is onboard.

Perhaps acpi doesn't do anything to check whether the interrupt belongs
to it or not and so when an fxp interrupt arrives the acpi handler gets
called.

--
Paul Richards <paul_at_freebsd-services.com>