Re: mdmfs broken? --> no, but md is broken!

From: Stijn Hoop <stijn_at_win.tue.nl>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 09:46:19 +0200
On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 04:14:29PM +0900, Jacques Garrigue wrote:
> Stijn Hoop wrote:
> > What's the correct syntax in 5-CURRENT to have a memory disk for /tmp
> > in your /etc/fstab?
>
> Others have answerred as how it can be done.
> However, I must strongly inform you against using md on 5-CURRENT,
> particularly for /tmp, has I found it dangerously buggy.
>
> You can see the bug report below for details of the problem.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll test this with my freshly installed 5.1-BETA
laptop tomorrow. Maybe you should send a warning message to -current
with a pointer to that PR as a separate message to that committers that
have already skipped this thread can find your problem.

--Stijn

--
I really hate this damned machine
I wish that they would sell it.