Re: Interrupt latency problems

From: Paul Richards <paul_at_freebsd-services.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 13:47:53 +0100
On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 08:37:03AM -0400, Andrew Gallatin wrote:

> Paul Richards writes:
>  > As a further datapoint to my last email:
>  >
>  >    20  ??  WL     5:16.38  (irq9: fxp0 acpi0)
>  >

> I just checked some old console logs (I no longer have the machine in
> question).   My fxp0 was also at irq9.

I tried shifting the irq around last night, the bios does support this.
I definitely think there's something to this theory, when I put it on
irq 10 the problem got a whole lots worse to the point that the machine
couldn't be used and I had to reboot it (just error messages streaming
past on the console).

Unfortunately, I don't know what else was on irq10 at the time since
they move around when I change the bios settings.

I'm continuing to poke around to find out exactly what's causing
what....

--
Paul Richards