Re: large ufs2 partitions and 'df'

From: Kirk McKusick <mckusick_at_beastie.mckusick.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 12:29:42 -0700
	Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 21:04:23 -0700 (PDT)
	From: Julian Elischer <julian_at_elischer.org>
	To: Kirk McKusick <mckusick_at_mckusick.com>
	cc: freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org
	Subject: Re: large ufs2 partitions and 'df'

	Before we go all gung hoon this, is this structure described in any
	standard? (posix?)

Posix does not define statfs. If it did, it would only go
so far as to give a list of the minimally required fields.
I expect that X/Open does define statfs, but I do not have
a copy of their standard.

The BSD statfs comes from the statfs first defined by Sun
Microsystems, and includes all the (original) field names.
Of course, it also has additional stuff like the names of
the device from which the filesystem is mounted and the
name of the mount point.

	Kirk McKusick