acpi and nforce chipset

From: Elden Fenison <efbsd_at_moondog.org>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 07:54:34 -0700
Greetings,

I just wanted to mention in case a developer is listening... the new
ACPI in 5.1-CURRENT does not seem to like my nforce chipset at all. My
machine would not shutdown or reboot properly until I disabled ACPI and
enabled APM. I was also getting many errors when booting the kernel.

One thing to note about my motherboard (ASUS A7N266-VM), it doesn't seem
to have the traditional "Plug and Play OS?" toggle in the bios settings.
So there is apparently no way to tell the bios that I'm not running a
plug and play OS.

If you are a developer and need more detailed information on this
problem, I could turn ACPI back on in order to provide you with some
more information.

--

-=Elden=-
http://www.moondog.org