Re: FreeBSD 5.1-BETA: miniinst.iso missing perl5 pkg

From: Scott Long <scott_long_at_btc.adaptec.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 18:15:33 -0600
Stephane Raimbault wrote:
> Durring a Developer install of the 5.1-BETA miniinst.iso when it comes time to instlal the perl5 pkg it fails indicating it can't find the pkg on the cd.... should the pkg be put on the miniinst.iso or should sysinstall perhaps prompt to setup the network component to finish the install?

The miniinst CD is meant to be the bare minimum to install the system
for those that are bandwidth-challenged.  It contains *NO* packages at
all, including perl5.  As many recall, perl5 was removed from the base
system a year ago and is now solely available as a port/package.

> Also the developer installs does error on the krb5 distribution, which was documented also with the 5.1-BETA disc1.iso in an earlier post.

Yes, I'm working to track this down.  Thanks for the report.

Scott