ACPI hangs the Kernel during boot.

From: Andrew Kolchoogin <andrew_at_mowgli.rinet.ru>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 00:05:17 +0400
Garrett,

>>     Moving away acpi.ko "cures" the situation -- although kernel whines
>> about unassigned ports/interrupts in PnP probing code.
> Try adding:
>
> 	debug.acpi.disable="timer"

> to /boot/loader.conf and see if it works.
    you're a schaman. :) It works now. :)

    BTW, what did I do? ACPI timer, right? But why it doesn't work
on my motherboard? Or all SW-manufactured motherboards are "incompatible"
with Intel ACPI?
--
    Yours
        Andrew Kolchoogin.                              [AKOL-RIPE, AKOL-RIPN]

... Contrary to popular belief, UNIX is user-friendly. It just happens to be
    very selective about who it decides to make friends with.     A. Haiut.