USB support for Kyrocera 7135 palm phone

From: Lee Damon <nomad_at_castle.org>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 09:25:11 -0700
I'm trying to get my Kyrocera 7135 to sync using USB.  I thought it
would be similar to the Handspring Visor, but duplicating those
entries in usbdevs and uvisor.c doesn't quite cut it.

The following patches are what I'm using in /usr/src/sys/dev/usb:

*** usbdevs.orig        Tue May 13 15:14:31 2003
--- usbdevs     Thu May 15 16:37:32 2003
***************
*** 282,287 ****
--- 282,288 ----
  vendor ZOOM           0x0803  Zoom Telephonics
  vendor BROADLOGIC     0x0827  BroadLogic
  vendor HANDSPRING     0x082d  Handspring
+ vendor KYROCERA               0x0c88  Kyrocera
  vendor ACTIONSTAR     0x0835  Action Star Enterprise
  vendor PALM           0x0830  Palm Computing
  vendor ACCTON         0x083a  Accton Technology
***************
*** 769,774 ****
--- 770,778 ----
  product KYE NETSCROLL         0x0003  Genius NetScroll mouse
  product KYE FLIGHT2000                0x1004  Flight 2000 joystick
  product KYE VIVIDPRO          0x2001  ColorPage Vivid-Pro scanner
+
+ /* Kyrocera Wireless. */
+ product KYROCERA 7135         0x0021  7135 PalmPhone

  /* LaCie products */
  product LACIE HD              0xa601  Hard Disk

*** uvisor.c.orig       Sun Apr  6 10:34:50 2003
--- uvisor.c    Fri May 16 09:13:10 2003
***************
*** 196,201 ****
--- 196,202 ----
  };
  static const struct uvisor_type uvisor_devs[] = {
        {{ USB_VENDOR_HANDSPRING, USB_PRODUCT_HANDSPRING_VISOR }, 0 },
+       {{ USB_VENDOR_KYROCERA, USB_PRODUCT_KYROCERA_7135 }, PALM4 },
        {{ USB_VENDOR_PALM, USB_PRODUCT_PALM_M500 }, PALM4 },
        {{ USB_VENDOR_PALM, USB_PRODUCT_PALM_M505 }, PALM4 },
        {{ USB_VENDOR_PALM, USB_PRODUCT_PALM_M515 }, PALM4 },

I've tried the uvisor.c line with both PALM4 and 0.  The phone is running
PalmOS 4.1.   I do run the make to generate the new usbdevs_data.h and
usbdevs.h.

When I trigger a hotsync, instead of getting a /dev/ucom0 device, I
get the following on the console (after the second trigger - nothing
happens after the first one.)

ucom0: Kyrocera 7135 PalmPhone, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 2
ucom0: Kyrocera 7135 PalmPhone, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 2
ucom0: unexpected endpoint
device_probe_and_attach: ucom0 attach returned 6

My usbd.conf entry is:

#
# attempt with the Kyocera 7135 cradle
#
device  "Kyocera 7135"
#       devname "ucom[0-9]+"
        vendor  0x0c88
        product 0x0021
        attach "if ! kldstat -n uvisor > /dev/null 2>&1 ; then kldload uvisor;
fi"

When I run usbd in debug mode I see it do the attach and a kldstat -n
shows both uvisor and ucom being loaded when they weren't earlier.  If
I uncomment the devname line it falls through to the default device
(since there is no /dev/ucom).

I'm not a C programmer let alone a device hacker.  I'm asking for
any advice or help I can get on this.  Serial syncing is painfully
slow.

thanks,
nomad
 -----------
The cry has been that when war is declared, all opposition should
therefore be hushed.  A sentiment more unworthy of a free country could
hardly be propagated.  If the doctrine be admitted, rulers have only to
declare war and they are screened at once from scrutiny ...  In war,
then, as in peace, assert the freedom of speech and of the press.
Cling to this as the bulwark of all our rights and privileges.
                -- William Ellery Channing

 -----------                       - Lee "nomad" Damon -          \
play: nomad_at_castle.org    or castle!nomad                          \
work: nomad_at_ee.washington.edu                                       \
                                 				    /\
Seneschal, Castle PAUS.                                            /  \
                "Celebrate Diversity"                             /    \