Re: MIDI on SB Live! ? (fwd)

From: <jimd_at_siu.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 06:08:47 +0000 (CDT)
The "midi connector" is connected to the Amiga via its serial port. The
Creative "midi cable" is plugged into the Creative soundcard (MIDI/"game"
port) and one of the MIDI OUT ports on the "midi connector", which has been
verified as receiving valid MIDI data as it also drives one of my MIDI
keyboards.

So where does the 'PC UART' come into play since the MIDI connection doesn't
go to the FreeBSD motherboard? Are you saying the the Creative Soundblaster
Live! soundcard has a UART that is unable to properly handle/adjust to MIDI
data streams? Perhaps you thought that I was connecting the "midi connector"
to the FreeBSD system's serial port? Sorry.

I don't know about "av differential voltage converter" with respect to the
Creative Labs "midi cable" as it has MIDI DIN jacks on one end and a DB15
jack on the other.