No output from kernel during boot ?

From: <freebsd_at_lislegaard.net>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 15:23:19 +0200 (CEST)
Probably a stupid question, but I can't see why this happens. The
system is a recent build of Current.

At boot I see the loader messages, but when the kernel starts there is
no more output to the console before I get the login prompt.

I've read through the various man pages on boot/loader and the kernel
config notes, but can't find the magic trick to get my console output
back.

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but can someone enlighten me?

-tom