Re: Help with 5.1-beta snapshot

From: stark <stark_at_jeamland.ca>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 11:14:20 -0400 (EDT)
> I have the same mobo but I've never put extra NICs in it.
> Have you tried it with just the built-in bge?  (I know it
> works fine for me.)

It's failing for me :(

I'll try recompiling (and i'll do a cvsup on another system
and copy it over to make sure it's current :)

> Early on there was a problem with the bge sensing the media properly
> but that was fixed several months ago and it's all been fine since.

That seems to be related : it 'works' in that it senses the media,
and reports the correct value, but then it gives these silly 'watchdog
timeout' messages so i can't use it :(
(when it does the watchdog message, it loses the sense data)

> BTW, I've never tried the Promise controller.  Is yours working OK?

Doesn't work in 5.0-RELEASE, works beautifully with 5.1-BETA :)
(It lists both of the 120G serial ATA disks, and the mirror-raid
that it's configured to use :)

Dana Lacoste
Ottawa, Canada