Re: gcc/libm floating-point bug?

From: Morten Rodal <morten_at_rodal.no>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 08:56:06 +0200
On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 06:10:14PM -0700, David O'Brien wrote:
> Honest question of you -- I'll assume you're subscribed to
> freebsd-current_at_.  How have you missed all the warnings from myself and
> others not to trust the -march=pentium4 optimizations?  I honestly want
> to know so we can figure out a better way of getting the word out.

I am not going to discuss the removal of the -march=pentium4, but a
warning would be nice.  Either in the form of the release notes or in
the make.conf, preferrable both.

As for the "missed all warnings [...]" I think this just proves that
it is necessary to document things like this.  Also see the post about
a lot of new people trying out 5.0 for the first time and the troubles
they are having with getting help.  Search for

posted in late April.

--
Morten Rodal