Re: FBSD 5.1b2 Inst. Results on Dell i8500

From: Mark Santcroos <marks_at_ripe.net>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 23:05:03 +0200
On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 10:47:08PM +0200, Stijn Hoop wrote:
> - I get the same AML warnings as with the Linux patch -- can this be due
>   to an older version of the iasl compiler wrt the current ACPI drop?
>   I noticed that the distfile for the current acpicatools port had
>   disappeared from the intel website. Anyway, fdc still gets detected
>   later on, although I don't even have the floppy bay installed
>   right now, so I haven't done any floppy tests. I'll try to see if
>   the warnings break things next.
>
> can't fetch resources for \\_SB_.PCI0.ISAB.FDC0 - AE_AML_INVALID_RESOURCE_TYPE
> can't fetch resources for \\_SB_.PCI0.ISAB.UAR1 - AE_AML_INVALID_RESOURCE_TYPE
> can't fetch resources for \\_SB_.PCI0.ISAB.IRDA - AE_AML_INVALID_RESOURCE_TYPE
> can't fetch resources for \\_SB_.PCI0.ISAB.ECP_ - AE_AML_INVALID_RESOURCE_TYPE

The same here, that's what I mentioned earlier, that I need to investigate
this. Hope to have that fixed before 'de haan kraait' tomorrow morning ;-)
Can you send me your whole asl, I'm curious how close it is to mine.

> - The battery time is indicated as '00:00:00' when the laptop is on AC
>   power. Minor nit, maybe this is expected behaviour?

This is expected. The battery time is calculated by taking the available
battery power and measuring the current usage. When the machine is on AC
power it doesn't know how much it is using and therefor also can't
estimate the time left. At least, that is my interpretation :-)
There are also some other minor nits with apm(8), you have to keep in mind
that it was written for apm(4) and the support for acpi(4) is just a
compatibility layer.

Mark

--
Mark Santcroos                    RIPE Network Coordination Centre
http://www.ripe.net/home/mark/    New Projects Group/TTM