Re: 5.1 beta2 still in trouble with pam_ldap

From: Gordon Tetlow <gordont_at_gnf.org>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 14:49:41 -0700
On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 06:46:31PM +0200, Frank Bonnet wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've installed 5.1 beta2 but I'm still in trouble
> with pam_ldap / nss_ldap
>
> the scenario is the following
>
> if in any file of the pam.d directory I replace
> the original line :
>
> auth           required        pam_unix.so             no_warn try_first_pass nullok
>
> by the following
>
> auth            sufficient      /usr/local/lib/pam_ldap.so

Don't replace the line, add it before pam_unix.so. Having the last auth
line be sufficient causes weird behavior. If you feel like you need to
*replace* pam_unix (which is a *really* bad idea), make it required, not
sufficient. I would recommend something like this:

auth sufficient      /usr/local/lib/pam_ldap.so
auth required        pam_unix.so             no_warn try_first_pass nullok

> Do I missunderstand pam concepts or is it a real bug ?

I think you might be missing a concept or two. In any event this is not
really a bug.

-gordon