RE: 5.1 PAE testing results: 2 panics

From: Cagle, John (ISS-Houston) <"Cagle,>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 10:03:20 -0500

I have gone as low as 10,000 for kern.maxvnodes, and it still
Panics with "kmem_map too small".  How low should I go?

I also built a kernel with KVA_PAGES set to 512 and it paniced
the same way (without changing kern.maxvnodes).  When I also
changed maxvnodes to 100,000, then the system hung instead of
panicing...

Anything else I can try?  Keep in mind I'm running SMP.  Should
I try it with a UP kernel?

Thanks,
John
John Cagle     john.cagle_at_hp.com