vinum, dump and amanda

From: Willem Jan Withagen <wjw_at_withagen.nl>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 19:14:04 +0200
Hi,

After fixing my vinum problem, it tried backing this vinum-baby up.
It's a raid 5 running 170Gb on 4 60Gb maxtor disks.

Usually I use amanda for this. And that works flawless on all regular
partitions on this system. However when dumping the vinum-disk I've already
had two kernel crashes, both in dump. the box gets into the debugger, and I
panic it to get some dumps.

I hoped to get some cores, but every time the box tells me:
    dumping 96M (being the memory size)
    its reseting the ata stuff
and then hangs.....
pressing keys gives me some [ctrl-C....], ....

but after a while it just reboots.
Should it be displaying info while dumping the kernel and stuff???
Or should I just be patient??

The more important question: Anybody having the same problems?

--WjW