Re: Libthr stable enough for testing

From: Mike Makonnen <mtm_at_identd.net>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 02:20:02 -0400
On Thu, 29 May 2003 00:35:32 -0500
Dan Nelson <dnelson_at_allantgroup.com> wrote:

> The real problem is in the kernel, though.  A userland non-root process
> should not be able to hard lock the system.  One of the threads people
> will probably have to get an SMP machine to be able to debug it.

Upon first reading it I had assumed he meant gnome locked up. Can you confirm
this Glenn? Is the machine itself locked solid (no ping, no ssh, not vtys, etc)?
However, even if that is the case a bug in the kernel does not preclude a bug in
libthr.

Cheers.
--
Mike Makonnen  | GPG-KEY: http://www.identd.net/~mtm/mtm.asc
mtm_at_identd.net | D228 1A6F C64E 120A A1C9  A3AA DAE1 E2AF DBCC 68B9