Re: [acpi-jp 2267] Re: HEADSUP: acpi patches in the tree

From: Takayoshi Kochi <t-kouchi_at_mud.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 22:20:31 +0900
On Wed, 28 May 2003 11:00:25 -0700 (PDT)
Nate Lawson <nate_at_root.org> wrote:

> > Attached is the patch and should apply to the FreeBSD tree with
> > some appropriate option.
>
> Thank you for the patch.  Since we are only days away from a release, I
> would like to avoid using the new dynamic ID allocation code and instead
> stick to hard-coding the defaults.  This is the safer way for 5.1R.  We
> will do a new import and more fixes after the release.

Oops, I misread your patch.  You accidentally changed *FROM*
OwnerId = TABLE_ID_DSDT *TO* OwnerId = 0, and reverted the
change...  But I thought you back-ported more recent version
of the ACPICA.  Therefore your fix seems very reasonable:)

Sorry for the mess.

Thanks,
Takayoshi Kochi