Re: panic: kern/52718

From: Terry Lambert <tlambert2_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 02:02:49 -0700
Bryan Liesner wrote:

> Is anyone going to look at this before the next release?
> Of course, if more info is needed, I'll send it along.  No dump is
> available - it panics during boot.

This was caused by rev. 1.3 of a commit by Jeff Robertson to
kern_utmx.c.  The problem is that the proc struct is not locked
for:

        FOREACH_THREAD_IN_PROC(td->td_proc, td0)

in the lock and unlock.

Either lock the proc before and unlock it after this, in both
_utmx_lock() and _utmx_unlock(), or revert the code to 1.2.

It's pretty simple.  No one needs t look at it, all they need
to do is act on information already present.

-- Terry