4BSD vs ULE scheduler question

From: Matt <matt_at_xtaz.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 10:40:06 +0100 (BST)
Just a quick question. I have been running -CURRENT since just before 5.0
was released and have seen the introduction of the ULE scheduler and the
associated mails on this list about it. I know it used to be classed as
very experimental and you should use 4BSD if you want stability etc. I was
wondering if that is still the case these days?

The other question which I am not too sure about is what are the
advantages of ULE over 4BSD or vice versa?

I know a lot of people will now probably say "stick with 4BSD if you don't
know" or something and I will if ULE is still not recommended for general
use. But I am just curious to learn a bit more about it.

Regards, Matt.

--
email: matt_at_xtaz.co.uk - web: http://xtaz.co.uk/
Hardware, n.: The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.