Re: /stand/sysinstall with upgraded 5.1-BETA

From: Matthew Seaman <m.seaman_at_infracaninophile.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 11:20:25 +0100
On Sat, May 31, 2003 at 11:55:38AM +0000, Vitalis wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've searched the ML archives to no avail, so here's my questions:
>
> * What's the difference between /stand/sysinstall and /usr/sbin/sysinstall?
> * I've remade world from the latest cvs tree, and /stand/sysinstall was not updated. The handbook suggests to run a "make all install" from /usr/src/release/sysinstall, but this directory does not exist. Is it because the handbook was not updated accordingly to versions 5.x?
> * So what do I have to do with /stand/sysinstall?

/stand/sysinstall was moved to /usr/sbin/sysinstall in FreeBSD 5.x --
but otherwise, it's the same program.

As it's an official part of the regular system now, sysinstall will be
updated as part of the usual 'make {build,install}world' process.
Under FreeBSD 4.x, as you note, you have to separately update
sysinstall.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way