Re: new interrupt code: panic when going multiuser

From: Harald Schmalzbauer <h_at_schmalzbauer.de>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 19:43:46 +0100
On Tuesday 04 November 2003 19:38, John Baldwin wrote:
> On 04-Nov-2003 Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:

> >> Well, a kernel without SMP and just 'device apic' should work fine, and
> >> a kernel with both SMP and 'device apic' should also work fine.
> >
> > Hmm, I think this answer should be for "New <PNP0303> and aPic question"?
> >
> > Well I tired to build one (with -curr some weeks ago) with device apic
> > only which didn't work, I had to add options smp arrrgghhh. Had a look in
> > my file and saw I did the following:
> >#options         SMP
> >#options         APIC_IO
> >
> > Seems I didn't use "device apic" (perhaps I didn't recognize)
> >
> > But regardless, when I built a SMP kernel it didn't run on my UP machine.
> >
> > Thanks a lot,
>
> I just committed a bunch of changes to the interrupt and SMP code.
> When you update to those changes, you should be able to build a UP
> kernel with 'device apic' and have it work, and you should be able
> to build an SMP kernel and have it run on your machine.

Oh, great! Thanks a lot and sorry for the former nonses-reply. I read your
first answer which was correct for my subject but I hadn't carefully read
this thread.
After jdk14 is finished I'll recvsup and build a new kernel. I already built
world today so I hope kernel only is okay.

Best regards,

-Harry