Was: More ULE bugs fixed. Is: Mouse problem?

From: Morten Johansen <mail_at_morten-johansen.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 23:13:26 +0100
On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On (2003/11/04 09:29), Eirik Oeverby wrote:
>
> > The problem is two parts: The mouse tends to 'lock up' for brief moments
> > when the system is under load, in particular during heavy UI operations
> > or when doing compile jobs and such.
> > The second part of the problem is related, and is manifested by the
> > mouse actually making movements I never asked it to make.
>
> Wow, I just assumed it was a local problem.  I'm also seeing unrequested
> mouse movement, as if the signals from movements are repeated or
> amplified.
>
> The thing is, I'm using 4BSD, not ULE, so I wouldn't trouble Jeff to
> look for a cause for that specific problem in ULE.

Me too. Have had this problem since I got a "Intellimouse" PS/2 wheel-mouse. (It worked fine with previous mice (no wheel)).
With any scheduler in 5-CURRENT and even more frequent in 4-STABLE, IIRC.
Using moused or not doesn't make a difference.
Get these messages on console: "psmintr: out of sync", and the mouse freezes then goes wild for a few seconds.
Can happen under load and sometimes when closing Mozilla (not often).
It could be related to the psm-driver. Or maybe I have a bad mouse, I don't know.
I will try another mouse, but it does work perfectly in Linux and Windogs...

mj