Re: the PS/2 mouse problem

From: Scott Long <scottl_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 20:33:58 -0700 (MST)
One thought that I had was to make psmintr() be INTR_FAST.  I need to
stare at the code some more to fully understand it, but it looks like it
wouldn't be all that hard to do.  Basically just use the interrupt handler
to pull all of the data out of the hardware and into a ring buffer in
memory, and then a fast taskqueue to process that ring buffer.  It would
at least answer the question of whether the observed problems are due to
ithread latency.  And if done right, no locks would be needed in
psmintr().

Scott