FYI: Scalability update

From: Pedro F. Giffuni <giffunip_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 22:38:35 -0800 (PST)
http://bulk.fefe.de/scalability/#newdata

"[Nov 1 2003] I got an email suggesting that I re-check NetBSD. The results are
nothing short of astonishing. In two weeks time the NetBSD team made dramatic
improvements.

socket: previously O(n), now O(1).
bind: greatly improved, but still O(n). Much less steep, though.
fork: a modest O(n) for dynamically linked programs, O(1) for statically
linked.
mmap: a bad O(n) before, now O(1) with a small O(n) shadow.
touch after mmap: a bad strange graph in 1.6.1, a modest O(n) a week ago, now
O(1).
http request latency: previously O(n), now O(1).
Congratulations, NetBSD! NetBSD now has better scalability than FreeBSD.
"