Re: since 2 days apm / ACPI doesn't work and boot instabilities

From: Andreas Klemm <andreas_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 17:49:26 +0100

On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 05:31:02PM +0100, Richard Arends wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Andreas Klemm wrote:
>
> > wanted to let you know, that since yesterday ACPI on my
> > Dell Latitude D600 doesn't work anymore.
>
> /usr/src/UPDATING
>
> 20031103:
>         The i386 APIC_IO kernel option has been replaced by
>         'device apic'.  The ACPI module has also been temporarily
>         disabled, so ACPI must be statically compiled into your
>         kernel using 'device acpi' if you wish to use the ACPI driver.
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard.

Thanks, Ken, Richard will try that !

BTW, who has currently the pointy hat ? I could need it now ;-)

So if you don't need it no longer, give it to me with a colorful
sticker on it: "read UPDATING" ;-)

Sorry, completely forgot about that and didn't think about how
quickly things can change in the wonderful -current land ;-)

O.k., but the pancis might stay, so I will "ring" again and
offer a developer account if necessary.

Regards

	Andreas ///

--
Andreas Klemm - Powered by FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT
Need a magic printfilter today ? -> http://www.apsfilter.org/