Re: Radeon DRM-Problem

From: Eric Anholt <eta_at_lclark.edu>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 13:40:07 -0800
On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 13:23, Ralf Folkerts wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Problem with DRM (Radeon) on my "Current"-Box.
>
> I cvsuped and made my last buildworld/-kernel/installkernel/-world last week
> (Oct 31).
>
> FreeBSD penguin.home.folkerts-net.de 5.1-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT #0: Fri
> Oct 31 20:04:27 CET 2003
> toor_at_penguin.home.folkerts-net.de:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/PENGUINKERNEL  i386
>
> >From this List I think this Problem should have been fixed a while ago?!
>
> When starting X I get
>
> agp0: binding memory at bad offset 0
> error: [drm:pid704:radeon_cp_init] *ERROR* radeon_cp_init called without
> lock held
> error: [drm:pid704:radeon_unlock] *ERROR* Process 704 using kernel context 0
>
> on the Console. When I then shutdown X and start it up again I don't get any
> display any
> longer (however, the machine still works and i.e. can be shutdown -r now,
> but w/o seing
> anything until the reboot).
>
> Pls note: Except for these Problems (Lock when restarting X and no DRM) X
> runs nice and w/o
> any other Problems!
>
> Does anyone have a hint? Did I shred my Config(s)? Or is this a real
> Problem?

Linux users have also been experiencing those *ERROR* messages.  I'm not
sure what's going on here.  I don't think the hangs are related to the
error, since Linux people haven't been complaining about hangs.  The agp
message, however, is something I haven't seen or heard about before.
What does dmesg| grep agp say?

--
Eric Anholt                                eta_at_lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt_at_FreeBSD.org