Re: Tripwire "Fails to build under 5.x"

From: Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert_at_komquats.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 13:54:19 -0800
In message <20031001180210.GA13847_at_rot13.obsecurity.org>, Kris Kennaway
writes:
> On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 03:49:30PM +0300, J8keR wrote:
> > Does this mean wait until its fixed or am I missing some update ?
>
> It means wait until it's fixed, or fix it yourself and submit the patch.

There are a lot of C++ issues with it, notably STLport issues. STLport that
comes with tripwire does not build under -CURRENT. The STLport in the port
collection is too new because tripwire depends on some unique quirks within
the old STLport (as documented in their documentation -- STLport was too
new and fluid so they chose to code for a specific version). I'm slowly but
surely progressing. If people wish to expedite the process, I would welcome
a patch.

Cheers,
--
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert_at_komquats.com>        http://www.komquats.com/
BC Government                     .                       FreeBSD UNIX