Re: Kernel memory leak in ATAPI/CAM or ATAng?

From: Kevin Oberman <oberman_at_es.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 21:12:38 -0800
Tested. It's much better, although ATA request keeps adding more
memory all the time when mplayer is playing, but it's now increasing
at about 20K/minute which is a huge improvement. Still, I don't
understand why it should just continue to grow all of the time. The
data rate is about constant. I would expect that it should grow to a
size where the data being processed can be accommodated and then stop
growing. I don't see it stopping.

Thanks for the quick fix.

Sorry to have taken so long to test it, but I am at SC2003 in Phoenix
for the next two weeks building and running the show network. About
40 10Gig links this year and about 150 100K and 1Gig links this
year. I have no idea how many miles of fiber in the convention
center, but we start installing it tomorrow morning. We also should be
bringing up the OC-192s to the major research nets over the next two
days.

If any of you are at the show, stop by the NOC and say "Hi".
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)