Re: New EHCI device ID

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 10:03:20 +0100
On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 00:11:37 +0100
Bernd Walter <ticso_at_cicely12.cicely.de> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 11:56:19PM +0100, Pav Lucistnik wrote:
> > It's that easy? Just adding device ID? I was under impression that you
> > need to write/modify a driver for a new chip.
>
> Adding the ID is just beautifying the boot messages.
> EHCI controllers are all compatible (modulo bugs) from the software
> point of view.

We have a problem then. Normally this is a headless system, but I had a
mouse attached once and it caused a hard hang. Something with "int 10"
or too much interrupts or something like this (the mouse works on my
desktop system and it works on the machine in question in Windows). When
I test the new apic code on this system, I will attache a mouse again
and report back.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
   "One world, one web, one program"  -- Microsoft promotional ad
         "Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuehrer"  -- Adolf Hitler

http://www.Leidinger.net                       Alexander _at_ Leidinger.net